In couples with unidentified fertility, Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a widely used method. Its successful rate is acceptable, safe, and affordable. Egg stimulation medication is applied to stimulate development of egg sac. Doctor monitors the development with ultrasound and medication in order to control ovulation. Vital sperm is selected and placed in the uterus during ovulation and fertilize with the egg.
- When the female starts her period, egg stimulation medicine will be given, either oral medication and/or injection on the 2nd or 3rd of her menstrual cycle onwards
- Around date 11th-13th of menstrual cycle, ovary ultrasound to see how many and how big egg sac are developed in order to determine further stimulation dosage.
- When egg sac reaches size diameter 17-18 mm., doctor will give ovulation stimulation medication.
- After 1-2 days of ovulation stimulation, couples will be appointed for IVF. The male will collect sperm. Sperm preparation takes about 2-3 hours.
- During IVF, doctor will slowly insert a tube filled with collected sperm into the uterus. The procedure takes about 10-20 minutes and does not require anesthesia or painkiller. The success of treatment depends on quantity and quality of egg and sperm, the female age and her general health. Generally, the pregnancy rate per treatment is about 10-20%. IVF can increase your pregnancy chances.